Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Social Media Success Summit 2012

I've signed up for the Social Media Success Summit and I'm pretty excited. It's an online conference throughout the month of May. According to the website, we'll learn about creating a social media strategy, working with our target audience, and marketing through all the common social media channels. While it's geared toward businesses who wish to use social media to connect with their customers, I think there will be plenty to adapt to the library world. I'm looking forward to joining the LinkedIn conversations and finding out if any other librarians are attending the conference.

There are 27 speakers and 21 sessions. When I signed up, I gained access to an additional 17 recorded sessions. I am going to be busy! I went to an early session last week called "Facebook Timeline for Business: What You Need to Know".  They shared a lot of useful information, made it easy to understand, and kept up a brisk pace. Talk about a smooth presentation! I also have access to the recording and a cheat sheet.

Some of the cool resources they mentioned were:
aviary.com, online photo editing
timelinecoverbanner.com, timeline cover design assistance
faceitpages.com, timeline cover design assistance
lujure.com, drag-and-drop design app for tabs

0 comments:

Post a Comment